Hands on Learning.
LASOM Statement of Purpose:
The Louisiana District School of Ministry exists to provide training for those sensing a call to ministry, whether as credentialed ministers of the Assemblies of God, or as equipped laypersons within the local church. The school seeks to promote a unified purpose for ministry within the Fellowship, providing doctrinal and practical instruction based upon common core values and shared ministry goals. The faculty and leadership of LASOM fully subscribe to the statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God and commit LASOM to proclaim and support the principles and polity of the Assemblies of God. LASOM commits itself to provide training courses that meet District and General Council educational requirements for ministerial credentials. Furthermore, LASOM seeks to fulfill the mission of the Louisiana District Council of the Assemblies of God in developing healthy leaders, churches and ministers.
The LASOM internship strategy enables students to confirm God’s call, develop the Christ like
character, gain the competencies of ethical and effective ministry and develop the personal
disciplines essential to successful life and ministry. The strategy uses guided “hands on” ministry experiences, interaction with qualified mentors, and the exercise of personal spiritual disciplines to accomplish its mission.
• Exposure to a variety of ministry methods, skills and practices
• Develop effective people and conflict resolution skills
• Ethical standards of ministry
• Fulfill the Assemblies of God General Council internship requirements
• Minister effectively within the fellowship
• Seek best practice experiences and exposure to effective ministry systems and structures
• Help students develop skills and gifts for maximum effectiveness in ministry
• Help students develop the disciples of effective servant leadership
• Student Value: Equip students for effective ministry
• Student participation: Active involvement in the design and fulfillment of protocol described
• Cooperative Fellowship: Value ministry within the Assemblies of God in a way that faithfully
fulfills the vision of a ‘voluntary cooperative fellowship.’
• Biblical Fidelity: Develop ministry that is faithful to biblical teaching, values, principles and
• Encourage Development: Value/develop skills needed to pursue spiritual, personal and
professional development throughout their life.
Download the Form corresponding to the credential you are applying or upgrading towards.
The Internship Packet can also be picked up at any Lasom event from the registration table.
You can also contact our Credentialing Specialist at the Louisiana District Office for further assistance. Brenda Viator, or call the office (318) 445-6238.